There is a whole community of entrepreneurs and indie hackers who are building great, useful apps without knowing how to code, and some of these applications have turned into full-fledged businesses making the founders hundreds of thousands in recurring revenue. The "No Code" movement is well and truly here, and thriving!
With the hundreds of tools and applications available at our disposal, it can be a bit overwhelming to figure out what exactly can serve our own purpose and use case. We hear you, and we've put together a list of our favourite 'No Code' tools and applications to get you going on the right path.
Tools & Platforms
To Build Websites and Web Applications
- Webflow: A visual website builder to build professional, custom websites without writing a single line of code.
- Bubble: Build interactive, multi-user web applications like Facebook and Airbnb.
- Carrd: Easy to use drag and drop website builder for single-page landing pages.
- Wix: Drag and drop website builder which is great for building static websites or landing pages for your business, or even a full-fledged e-commerce store.
- Squarespace: Template-based website builder to easily create a blog or sell products online.
- Unbounce: Minimalistic to build beautiful, high-converting landing pages for small businesses.
- Softr: Softr lets you build web applications on top of Airtable as a backend. You can build anything from marketplaces and online communities to client portals and resource directories.
To Start Premium Newsletters
- Substack: An independent publishing platform that allows for a premium subscription-based business model.
- Revue: Twitter-owned independent publishing platform to build a paid community of newsletter subscribers.
- Convertkit: Convertkit offers a whole host of integration and automation tools to grow an audience and sell your online products.
To Build an Online Community of Premium (or Free) Content & Courses
- Ghost: An all-encompassing premium community platform that lets you build a website, publish posts, send newsletters, grow an audience and sell premium subscriptions.
- Memberstack: Add premium membership options (paid or free) to any website.
- Teachable: A hassle-free way of setting up your own online school that offers tutorials, online courses, or live classes.
- Thinkific: Create and sell online courses or build a membership community under your own brand.
- Memberspace: Turn any part of your website into a members-only space with just a few clicks.
To Build Mobile Applications Without Code
- Pineapple: Lets you build apps using your phone, tablet or laptop with an intuitive drag and drop editor.
- Thunkable: Thunkable lets you build cross platform, native applications with one single project.
- Draftbit: A browser-based platform that lets you build, customize and launch mobile applications in an instant.
- Glide: Use Google Sheets to build a mobile application in five minutes with Glide.
- V One: No Code native mobile application builder with a drag and drop interface and plenty of in-built integrations with other applications.
- Adalo: A no nonsense application builder to build powerful mobile apps.
Automation & Internal Tooling
- Zapier: Zapier offers seamless integration between your web apps and social media sites so that you can automate most manual processes and focus on the important tasks.
- Airtable: A visually pleasing spreadsheet tool that can double up as a database to power your backend and build internal tooling.
- Notion: An all-in-one workspace for your team that can double up as an internal documentation website.
- Stackby: Stackby is a tool that combines the flexibility of spreadsheets with the power of databases and built-in integrations.
Platforms For E-Commerce and Selling Digital Products
- Gumroad: Gumroad makes it extremely easy for all kinds of creators to sell their products or memberships.
- Shopify: Shopify is the number 1 e-commerce builder and makes it easy for business owners to handle the end-to-end process of selling products, from payment-processing to logistics.
- WooCommerce: WooCommerce is an e-commerce platform built on top of WordPress, great for extending an existing e-commerce store.
Learning Resources & Communities
- Makerpad: #1 ranked no-code community with tons of resources and tutorials (both live and self-paced!).
- No Code MBA: Project-based tutorials, courses, and resources to build all kinds of no-code applications.
- No Code MVP: Online course that helps you both build and validate your web app-based startup idea.
- No Code Founders: A community of founders who don't know how to or want to code which includes tools, tutorials, interviews, and plenty of other resources and perks to get you started.
- Apps Without Code: An online school for non-coder app entrepreneurs with free and premium content.
- Codeless How: Video courses on learning how to automate your business processes without writing a single line of code.
- No Code Devs: Tools and videos courses to learn everything about building web applications without writing code.
If you're looking to find the right resource, learning material or the right platform to meet your needs, then we are hoping that this list can help you get started. Happy building!